Medical Malpractice LawyerGet the Compensation You Deserve
Have you suffered because of a medical mistake?
Hire experienced medical malpractice lawyers from The Balkin Law Group.
Though the medical establishment may not want you to believe it, doctors make mistakes. These mistakes can be small or life threatening. When the mistake of a doctor, nurse, or other healthcare specialist results in serious damages to a patient, legal action can and should be taken. If you, or a family member has been the victim of a medical mistake, you need experienced medical malpractice lawyers working your case.
Call now to discuss your legal options.
What is medical malpractice?
Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional either performs an incorrect medical action or procedure or performs an action that is against generally accepted medical procedures in a given situation. This is especially true if this action, or failure to act seriously harms a patient.
Some common examples of medical malpractice are:
- Failure to correctly diagnose an illness or disease
- Failure to treat an illness or disease according to accepted medical practices and procedures
- The misdiagnosis of a medical condition
- Substandard treatment of a diagnosed medical condition
- Unreasonable delays between diagnosing a medical condition and treating it
- Misusing prescription drugs
- Prescribing dangerous drugs or dangerous combinations of prescription drugs based on the patients medical history.
- Not performing a surgical procedure correctly
- Mistakes while administering anesthesia
- Preventable birth injuries like Erb’s or Cerebral Palsy
- Serious medical errors that result in the death of the patient
- Errors in the emergency room that result in death
The medical malpractice lawyers at The Balkin Law Group are here to help you if you have been the victim of a medical mistake.
Why should I sue a doctor for medical malpractice?
The main reasons medical malpractice lawyers encourage patients who have suffered from medical mistakes to seek legal action against medical establishments is to compensate you for the sometimes life-altering effects of the mistake, and to protect other patients from a similar fate. You deserve quality care from medical professionals. The threat of legal action is a huge incentive for hospitals and other medical professionals to improve their standard of care for patients, and correct mistakes before they become serious.
Over 100,000 Americans die every year from preventable medical errors. More patients have to live with life changing repercussions of botched surgeries and other medical mistakes. We feel it is our duty as medical malpractice lawyers to protect the safety of patients, and hold the medical establishment accountable for mistakes that cost patients their lives or livelihoods.
How do I prove medical malpractice has occurred?
Medical malpractice lawyers can review your case and let you know if your injuries were caused by medical mistakes. To receive compensation in a medical malpractice case, we must prove:
- If it was the legal duty of the medical professional or establishment to give the patient competent medical care and treatment.
- There was a breach in this legal obligation
- The medical establishment or professional did not perform their duties according to generally accepted medical practices.
If your case fits these specifications, or if you have questions, call the medical malpractice lawyers at The Balkin Law Group for a free case evaluation.
Speak with a representative now
What compensation can I expect to receive from a successful medical malpractice case?
The potential compensation you can expect from a successful medical malpractice claim varies greatly depending on the circumstances of your case. However, it is common for patients to receive compensation for:
- Psychological or physical damages to the patient
- Emotional distressed caused by the incident or the repercussions of the incident
- Pain and suffering resulting from the injuries, as well as future pain and suffering
- Financial losses as a direct result of the malpractice
- Long and short term life care expenses
- The patient’s medical expenses
- Compensation for past and future loss of wages
You deserve competent medical care. If you suspect that you or a loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice, call the medical malpractice lawyers at The Balkin Law Group for advice on how to proceed with your case. The call and consultation are free.