Xarelto LawsuitGet the Compensation You Deserve
What is Xarelto?
Xarelto is a new type of blood thinner that is used to stop blood clots from forming after surgeries and also prescribed to reduce the risk of stroke and to treat patients with atrial fibrillation. Xarelto inhibits the specific proteins that create blood clots, which helps reduce the risk of stroke in postsurgical patients. More traditional blood thinners, like warfarin, require lifestyle changes, blood tests, and careful monitoring to determine dosage levels and make sure the patient is safe. However Xarelto, and a similar blood thinner called Pradaxa, were advertised as a one-size-fits-all dosage system that was simpler for doctors and patients. However, there were terrible risks associated with these new blood thinners that were not released to the general public.
Call now to discuss your legal options.
Xarelto’s Internal Bleeding Side-Effects Lead to Lawsuits
Many patients began suffering from terrible bouts of uncontrolled internal or external bleeding while taking Xarelto. Since Xarelto inhibits the proteins that help blood to clot and stop bleeding, even minor injuries can become serious and require hospitalization while a patient is taking Xarelto. Uncontrolled bleeding caused by Xarelto can lead to:
- Lack of blood flow to the brain, lungs, kidneys, or other vital organs, which can lead to organ damage, complete organ failure, or death.
- Internal bleeding can form blood pools inside the body that inhibits bodily functions and can cause serious or life threatening problems.
- Abdominal bleeding
- Abnormal liver function
- Brain hemorrhaging
- Reduced blood platelet levels
There is No Cure
All blood thinners may cause internal bleeding, but if a patient takes Warfarin a doctor can quickly administer a shot of vitamin K to stop the bleeding. Unlike Warfarin, there is no cure that doctors can use to quickly stop the bleeding when patients take Xarelto or Pradaxa. In order to stop the bleeding, the blood thinner must be flushed from the patient’s body, a process, which can require over 24 hours. This means that injuries that would be relatively easy to treat with a normal patient can be fatal for those taking Xarelto.
- Drug manufacturers have released no information on how to stop uncontrolled bleeding from Xarelto.
- Xarelto limits a doctor’s ability to treat patients and prevent catastrophic damage or death from bleeding.
- Many times doctors are powerless to save patients who take Xarelto
The Elderly Are At An Increased Risk from Xarelto
Although everyone who takes Xarelto is at risk of internal bleeding, the elderly are particularly in danger. This is because it takes longer for an elderly person to get Xarelto out of their system than a younger person. As long as Xarelto is still in the blood, the bleeding once started it is very difficult to stop.
- Very dangerous for the elderly who live alone
- Falls, cuts, or even minor head trauma can be serious or fatal
- There is no cure
Both Xarelto and Pradaxa inhibit blood clotting in a similar way.
- They both inhibit the formation of key blood clotting compounds
- Pradaxa uses a similar one-size-fits-all dosage system
- Both have high risks of internal bleeding
- Neither has an cure
Over 540 deaths and thousands of cases of uncontrolled bleeding are associated with Pradaxa. There have been thousands of successful Pradaxa lawsuits. In May of 2014, Boehringer Ingelheim (Pradaxa’s manufacturer) paid $650 million to settle 4,000 Pradaxa lawsuits. Xarelto patients have suffered similarly and many have filed Pradaxa lawsuits against Bayer, the manufacturer of Xarelto.
Speak with a representative now
We Can Help You Win Your Xarelto Lawsuit!
Have you been hurt or hospitalized because of Xarelto complications? Many people have been hospitalized or died from Xarelto’s uncontrolled bleeding side effects. This means:
- Piles of expensive medical bills
- Lasting complications
- Emotional and physical trauma
- A terrifying and emotionally scarring situation for your family
Hundreds of people are filing lawsuits to recoup their damages and hold Bayer responsible for their actions. An experienced Xarelto lawyer can help you file your claim and get the compensation you deserve. You don’t have to be a silent victim, “Hire the Bull!”