Railroad Accident LawyerGet the Compensation You Deserve
Were You Injured by a Train? You Need a Railroad Accident Lawyer!
Thousands of people are injured by in railway accidents every year. In fact, the railroad industry is considered one of the most dangerous industries for workers in the United States. Whether you are an injured railroad worker or an innocent victim of the negligence of a railroad company, The Balkin Law Group can help you protect your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Call now to discuss your legal options.
Causes of Railroad Accidents
Each train accident is unique and requires a lot of skill and expertise on the part of the railroad accident lawyer to find the responsible party. There are many different factors that need to be evaluated by your lawyer.
Many factors that cause train accidents include:
- Faulty equipment and parts
- Maintenance errors
- Defective railway signals or gates at railroad crossings
- Train operators failing to turn on lights when nearing a railroad crossing, at night, or during bad weather
- Failure to sound horns when approaching railroad crossings
- Trains that are parked to close to crossings
- Overloaded trains
- Obstructed railways or crossings
- Poor track construction and upkeep
- Human errors
No matter the cause, accidents involving trains are tragic and often catastrophic for those involved.
Injuries in Railroad Accidents
The enormous size and mass of trains means a train accident can be disastrous to those involved. Many of these terrible accidents involve collisions with cars, trucks, and even pedestrians. The effects of a train accident can be devastating to the lives of the victims and their families.
Common injuries that result from a railway accident include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Severe burns
- Crushing injuries
- Bone fractures
- Back, neck, and shoulder injuries
- Permanent mental and physical disabilities
- Loss of limbs
These injuries may require costly, long-term medical care and therapies. If you or a loved one has been injured in a train accident, call The Balkin Law Group for a free case evaluation.
Railroad Employee Injuries and FELA Lawsuits
The Balkin Law Group is dedicated to defending the rights of railroad employees when they are injured on the job. Railroad workers are routinely exposed to dangerous substances and situations that can result in injuries. On top of the injuries listed above, railroad workers are in danger of:
- Asbestos exposure leading to asbestosis, lung cancer, and mesothelioma
- Unprotected exposure to harmful chemicals, diesel fumes, PCBs, Rail dust, and other harmful particulates
- Toxic encephalopathy and other progressive lung disorders
- Injuries due to overexertion and long-term repetitive movements
- The negligence of other railroad employees
- Extreme weather conditions, dehydration, and overheating
- Unsafe work conditions
The Federal Employers’ Liability Act (FELA) was established to help support injured railroad workers receive financial compensation for their injuries, pain, and suffering. If you are a railroad worker who has been injured on the job, you need the help of an experienced railroad accident attorney from The Balkin Law Group.
Speak with a representative now
Get the Compensation You Deserve
When a railroad worker is injured while doing their job or an innocent victim is hurt in a railroad accident, it truly is a tragedy. The Balkin Law Group is made up of dedicated railroad injury lawyers who can help defend your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve. Your case means everything to you, and you need a lawyer who is just as invested in it as you. Call us today for a free case evaluation and remember that if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a cent.